In 1949 Sir William Burrell (1861-1958) donated part of his extensive collection of paintings and artefacts to Berwick-upon-Tweed. Sir William, who lived just outside of Berwick at Hutton Castle, donated some 300 items, including paintings, porcelain and antiquities to Berwick in order to form a small art gallery in the town. Works by Degas and Boudin, Ming porcelain and Medieval carvings are on show.
Contact: email@example.com or 01289 309 538
Address: Berwick Museum and Art Gallery, The Clock Block, Ravensdowne Barracks, Parade, Berwick, Northumberland, TD15 1DG